Should I take the time to remove my Ex’s pics from my computer, or should I just throw the whole computer out the window?… decisions, decisions…
Cohabitation increases the chance of divorce but helps in other ways.
This is basically a different perspective to an old fight with my ex. I wanted us to move in together because it was the next logical step and we had already talked about getting married. He didn’t want to do it. All logic went out the window when discussing this with him. He just didn’t want to do it. Now I think it may be it was he thought it was a slippery slope to getting “stuck” without a back door. I absolutely hate him for staying with me for so long when he clear knew he did want a commitment. I am also pissed at myself for not seeing it sooner…
This is what loneliness feels like… ( I hope no one saw…)
yay! for bearded tattooed guys …
Tom Part II
We kept talking to each other and I found myself starting to ask bold questions… like what happened between you and your ex? Have you ever been in love? Shit that I have been wondering about but never asked. Turns out the last girl was hot but stupid and he regretted wasting his time with her. The only reason why he started seeing her was to make the real love of his life jealous who recently became divorced. The really kicker is that story. They were together for almost 9 years…NINE YEARS! Never married and they don’t have kids. He told me one of the saddest love stories I have ever heard. I feel terrible sharing it with you, so I won’t. But the whole thing made me see him in a different light. He just has thick skin. He has been through a lot in his life and had to overcome a lot of obstacles, but he always picked up the pieces and fought through. He gained a lot of respect from me…
The big question I really wanted to know was why he didn’t take us seriously last year when we dated. Apparently it was because he didn’t want to hurt me. He’s still in love with the Ex and felt guilty starting a new relationship with someone when he carried this baggage. He thought it be a real asshole move, because if the Ex ever wanted to get back together, he would do it in a heart beat….
I would have been the sad girl Ryan Gosling was fucking before Rachel McAdams comes crawling back in the Notebook….
Life is cruel and unfair. For once, I want to be the heroine in the story that gets the guy… Just fucking once…
Tom… Again…Let Me Explain: Part I
(If you care to catch up: go back to May in the archives …)
In the beginning of December, went out to my cousin’s “going away party.” It was horrid event filled with boring married women talking about their children and salivating over the pregnant women in attendance… They gave her uninvited baby advice and pregnancy sex tips. I had nothing to contribute to the conversation. Plus, who would want the input of the childless single one? I doubt these god fearing women wanted to know how I was juggling men, made a guy almost cry at work, and turned down yet another lesbian… I found myself silently observing and judging. I NEVER want to be like them.
As the only single women in attendance, I was not able to hide from their judgement either and overly personal questions:
"Why aren’t you seeing someone?" Perhaps there is something wrong with me… Oh good, you’re going to tell me what that is without me asking….
"Don’t worry God has a wonderful plan for you!" So in your eyes, God wants me to be tragically single? Thanks.
"I have a single brother, you guys should meet!" I’ve seen your brother on Facebook, the lazy gangster wannabe, how thoughtful of you!
After the night’s festivities, my cousin invited herself back to my house to chat like old times till 2 in the morning. We seem to have less to talk about now because we grew silent around midnight.
It was promptly around that time that newly single Tom started messaging me again. I was curious to see what he wanted so I kept the conversation going, it turns out he just wanted to talk. Weird…
The Actual Difference Between Women Who Are Hot And Who Are Beautiful
Pretty Cool Article [http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/the-actual-difference-between-women-who-are-hot-and-who-are-beautiful/]
Hot is admired from afar; beauty is to be held.
Hot is perception; beauty is appreciation.
Hot is smokey-eyed; beautiful is bare-faced.
Hot is an appearance; beautiful is more than skin deep.
Hot is the way she moans; beautiful is the way she speaks.
Hot is a strong appeal; beautiful is strong mind.
Hot is youthful; beautiful is ageless.
Hot is conventional; beauty is unique.
Hot is a one-night stand; beautiful is sleepless nights.
Hot is a state of being; beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Hot is devious; beautiful is innocent.
Hot is bending her over; beautiful is baking her blueberry pancakes.
Hot is sultry; beautiful is wholesome.
Hot is her curves; beauty is her nerves.
Hot is a text message; beautiful is a love letter.
Hot is a facade; beautiful is a woman.
Irony for women is that they literally have all the control, but perpetually exercise piss poor judgment, have even worse attitudes, and give too many losers too many chances.
Girls Who Split the Check?
I think it depends on the culture, but guys, do you want a girl to split the check on the first date? Or that be insulting to you?
Quick hack: How to gain more visitors
I’ve started to become more active on the site since I have some free time these days. I’ve search reddit and the internet for ways to boost your popularity on OKcupid and have successfully done so with just a few easy steps. So I decided to put together a short list. This is really helpful especially if you’re not getting any visitors, not being matched or liked by anyone on the site.
- Make minor adjustments on your profile - This is probably most popular way to regularly give you a few extra visits each day. I’ve been doing this trick for quite sometime but forgotten about it until last month. Adjustments such as adding more periods/dots after a sentence and hitting save could really mean a lot to your profile. I spoke to many many people who visited me just by doing this.
- Rearrange your photos once or twice a day - We can all agree that we visit the site several times a day. And with the new installment of the site’s layout, you could easily tell who you’ve seen already. So why not change your profile photo to appear different from the rest.
- Change your status and then change it back to single - This is actually a trick I’ve recently learn to do. What you do is go down to where it says “I’m Looking For”, and edit that section and change your status from single to something else for at least 10-20 seconds and change it back to single. This is by far the best trick I’ve ever done to gain more visitors. As soon as you change it and it gets updated, you’ll appear on the activities section on the main page. It’ll appear that you’ve been “recently” single and it draws attention. The first time I’ve ever done it, within 10 minutes I had about 14 visitors and 3 quick matches. The only con in this trick is that every message now displays the percentage match and the person’s status on each message. So if you’re talking to someone and they see that you’ve changed your status, you might lose that connection.
- Change your profile image to something else that doesn’t include you - Although tip number three is a nifty trick, this trick actually landed me at least 7 connections over the past 3 weeks. One of them actually ended up with me asking the woman out eventually. I get about 4 or 5 quick matches per day. Which bring me to the next one..
- Optional: Remove all your photos and change to the things that you like or do and enjoy seeing - After doing the above, I decided to remove all of my images and just replaced it with things I enjoy, things I find appealing, and things I do. This eliminated those who care about a persons image and forced women to read my profile. I’ve gotten a few messages from doing this too. I’ve also started seeing someone (hopefully exclusive sometime soon) because of it. This is a more genuine approach I think. If you have a nice profile, then you’ll have no issues being matched with a few people.
That’s it! Hopefully you’ll gain more visitors, and have many many great conversations with awesome individuals on the site. Remember that if there’s a will, there will always be a way.
As I say farewell to this blog soon, It’s been an honor sharing these crazies with you. I hope you get a laugh or two from it.
Chris McKinlay was folded into a cramped fifth-floor cubicle in UCLA’s math sciences building, lit by a single bulb and the glow from his monitor. It was 3 in the morning, the optimal time to squeeze cycles out of the supercomputer in Colorado that he was using for his PhD…